Trailer Localization Operations Manager
- Los Angeles, California
- Content Operations
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet TV network, with over 109 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including award-winning original content. The Content Operations team is central to this experience: our mission is to is effectively and efficiently maximize quality and availability of our catalog to our members around the world.
In the Trailer Localization Manager will be part of the Content Localizations and Quality Control team charged with creating high quality translations and ensuring the content preserves the creative intent for viewers from both an audio/video and linguistics perspective. In this role, you will need push to break old industry standards and practices in order to efficiently and effectively create high-quality subtitles and dub audio assets for the Netflix on-service and multiple platforms marketing campaign trailers in 22 languages (and growing). You will build a strong team of impactful individuals, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and own multiple initiatives while shifting nimbly as our business strategies change and grow. You must be an impressive communicator and make smart decisions despite ambiguity.
- Provide strong leadership and strategic vision for the Trailer Localization team while ensuring excellent tactical execution.
- Oversee Netflix’s content localization work including subtitle and dub creation for our Netflix Trailers.
- Identify and address gaps in our cross-functional localization process leveraging automation, engineering, and strong cross-functional partnerships to drive quality of our language assets.
- Innovate and optimize localization workflows to support high volume quick turnarounds needed for trailers
- Track tactical and high-level metrics to identify and diagnose trends, patterns, and problems around the localization quality of our partners/vendors/translators.
- Design a scalable approach to defining and messaging quality standards across network of in-territory linguists and translators.
- Ensure Netflix provides clear guidelines, specifications and creative direction to partners to enable the highest quality and effectual delivery of localization assets.
- Partner with the internal engineering to provide clear quality standards on all content language assets and identify and address gaps in localization processes.
- Create and leverage quality and capacity metrics in order to optimize localization vendor performance.
- Make sound independent decisions and know when to escalate issues.
- Advocate, understand and communicate the company's values.
The Right Stuff
- Experience building new innovative workflows to concur challenges of timing, scale and quality.
- Prior experience building and managing a team.
- 7+ years in content localization or international versioning for theatrical, premium TV services or marketing.
- Prior experience working within or directly with marketing or promotional teams.
- Established strong relationships within the content localization industry including studios, directors and translators.
- Solid understanding of consumer expectations regarding audio and video assets, captioning, subtitling and dubbing in the markets Netflix serves.
- A deep passion for quality of translation and supporting the creative intent.
- Innovative approach to problem solving and quality control.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships and work effectively cross-functionally.