Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
- Los Gatos, California
It's an exciting time for Netflix with continued rapid expansion into original programming and around the world; it's a great time to join our team. As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable professional to support our Global operations. This position will reside in the company’s Los Gatos office and will report to the Head of Global Accounts Payable. This position will interact heavily with teams across our international offices and will require a flexible worker for the role.
The ideal candidate will be very detail oriented, able to analyze a large volume of transactions with high accuracy, have excellent communication skills, be capable of multitasking and taking the initiative to drive process change and improvements.
- Assist with high invoice volumes in multiple languages and currencies, helping in translation and correct (international) indirect tax treatment
- Review payments for accuracy in account coding and banking requirements
- Perform monthly Accounts Payable close, assisting with journal entries and reconciliations Assist the Accounting Team with close inquiries.
- Assist in driving the Accounts Payable process, ensuring the team can scale with the company’s growth
- Review, analyze, and respond to external/internal supplier inquiries and perform supplier statement of account reconciliations
- Assist business partners with any inquiries
- Overseeing relationships with service providers
- Perform audit and tax/finance team support
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Proficient in Excel and ERP systems (Workday experience a plus)
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Forward looking thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
- Understanding of SOX compliance rules and guidelines
- International indirect tax experience
- Fluent in English, proficient with written Japanese, Chinese and Korean
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting or Finance background
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience
- Degree in relevant field of study
- Knowledge of cloud related ERPs systems a plus
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.