Manager Marketing Planning & Analysis - EMEA
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Financial Planning and Analysis
We are looking for a talented individual to drive planning and analysis for our Europe, Middle East & Africa marketing efforts.
EMEA is a high-growth markets where Netflix is an innovative leader in the space, and leadership depends heavily on the Marketing Planning & Analysis teams. This position will partner closely with the regional Marketing team to drive key insights and recommendations. The candidate is required to be highly analytical, a strong problem solver, and effective communicator. He/she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results. The candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work effectively in an autonomous manner with the Marketing team as well as cross-functionally with Product Management, Consumer Insights, Payments, Experimentation, and Data Science & Engineering.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading strategic value-added analyses and testing around growth opportunities, marketing campaigns, media optimization, ad effectiveness and core business metrics
- Facilitating strategic planning and the allocation of the marketing budget, and managing in-quarter budget optimization and adjustments
- Monitoring subscriber acquisition and retention
- Analyzing key predictors, identifying trends, and presenting actionable insights to the Marketing team
- Conducting market research, tracking and compiling industry trends, and performing competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies
- Creating thought leadership deliverables and presenting findings to management. The candidate will autonomously lead projects from start to finish (i.e., structure analyses, gather data, generate insights and communicate findings).
- A successful candidate will have a strong track record of identifying key questions, connecting the dots, performing analyses independently, and communicating findings in a clear and concise way
- He/she must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers
- 5-8 years of experience in a highly analytical environment
- Top management consulting firm, corporate planning and/or analysis in an entertainment/digital media company, or similarly demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong capabilities for crafting and presenting analyses and insights to senior executives
- History of self-starting initiatives and an enthusiasm for creating their own work
- Top-tier education; MBA a strong plus
- Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry and/or EMEA a plus, but not a prerequisite.
This role reports to the Director of Marketing Planning & Analysis - EMEA and will be based in the Amsterdam office, with some travel to Los Angeles expected (2-4 times per year).