Senior Front End Engineer - Device Lifecycle Engineering
- Los Gatos, California
- Partner Devices
The Device Lifecycle Engineering team is focused on helping our partners design and deploy Netflix clients quickly, at the highest levels of quality. We do this by building and deploying new technologies that allow partner engineers to rapidly bring the Netflix experience to new platforms and architectures like smart TVs, set top boxes, media centers, media sticks, and more, in a way that will bring joy to our viewers. The results of our work can be seen on over 130 million devices worldwide… and that number is growing every day.
We are looking for a talented frontend engineer to help us develop the next generation of our user experience. This user experience will help support the scalability and effectiveness in PDE with tools that focus on device quality and partner productivity.
We collaborate with hundreds of partners, each with a different manufacturing timeline, implementing devices in timezones across six continents. You will engage with embedded device developers, automation engineers, and UI designers in our effort to ensure that devices can all deliver a great Netflix experience.
This is an opportunity to work with a diverse range of technology. You will use the same tech stack as production Netflix services--including AWS, Node.js, React, Cassandra, Docker, Atlas, and Spinnaker--when developing our tools. You may also work with streaming client technologies on a Linux-based environment to further automate testing and provide diagnostics.
You Should Apply to this Position if
- You love Netflix and want help enable the best possible experience
- You have a passion for building intuitive user experiences, and a high attention to detail
- You love building tools for other engineers
- You love the idea of impacting the quality of consumer electronics
- You have passion to own a project and like working directly with your customer
- You have worked with frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular
- You have experience with state management libraries such as Redux, Mobx, or Flux
- You have experience with build automation tools like Gulp.js or Webpack
- You have knowledge of cloud computing platforms, like Amazon Web Services or Azure
- You can tell us about successful projects you’ve contributed to with RESTful services and Websocket Interfaces
Other Skills of Interest
- You are familiar with CDN services such as Akamai or Cloudfront
- You have a familiarity with design tools such InVision, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- You have a background doing full stack development using Node.js