Workers Compensation Specialist
- Los Angeles, California
It's an exciting time to join Netflix with over 110 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day including award winning original content. It’s a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. To scale with our growth, Netflix is looking for a Workers Compensation professional specializing in entertainment insurance.
As the Workers Compensation Specialist, you will work as a liaison to coordinate efforts between the workers’ compensation third party administrator, employer and employee designed to minimize workers compensation exposure and obligations. The role will be responsible for investigating and processing workers’ compensation claims, establishing reserves, and coordination of benefits. You will be the point of contact for all workers compensation related items and work with the team’s cross functional partners including legal, physical production, safety/security and labor relations.
Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform daily tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be curious, motivated, disciplined and able to work autonomously. To learn more about our unique freedom and responsibility culture click here.
- Overall ownership of global workers compensation for both insured and self-insured models
- Design and implement the process and workflows that are efficient and aligned with our culture
- Submit claims to the Third Party Administrator/insurance carrier and provide information including employment information, payroll records, personnel files, etc.
- Act as the Liaison between the employee and the Third Party Administrator
- Oversee and monitor the claim process from beginning to end to ensure proper and timely closing
- Verifies wages, work injuries and work restrictions
- Coordinates with all productions to ensure the proper state forms are completed and procedures are followed
- Facilitate questions regarding benefits and educates employees
- 3-5 years workers compensation experience preferably in the Entertainment field.
- Risk Management designations prefered.
- Exposure to workers compensation system and the concept of self insurance.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Must be self-motivated starter that operates independently.
- Strong project management skills and ability to influence cross functionally.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of management, attorneys and others
- Able to problem solve, multitask and be detail oriented.