Legal Manager - Singapore
- Singapore, Singapore
With more than 109 million subscribers in over 190 countries and rapidly growing, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix is growing its presence in Asia and, as part of the Singapore team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment throughout Asia.
We are looking for a talented and experienced legal professional to join our Legal team in Singapore and partner with Netflix’s Business Development and Marketing teams in an environment where collaboration between legal and business thrives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, organizing, and localizing contract templates; drafting contracts and other legal documentation; obtaining signatures on contracts; managing our contracts database; assisting with legal research; creating and maintaining information on our legal portal for business partners; and providing general administrative support to the Legal team.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established and fast-growing tech and media company that is changing the future of entertainment in Asia and around the world. The Legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with our business partners to innovate and find effective, efficient solutions. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, an effective cross-cultural communicator, and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. She or he will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
The successful candidate will have:
- Either 7+ years of relevant experience as a paralegal at a multinational technology or entertainment company or law firm; or 3+ years of relevant experience as a practicing lawyer at a multinational technology or entertainment company or a law firm and be qualified in at least one jurisdiction
- Experience in at least some of the following areas: commercial contracts; technology licensing; intellectual property. Additional experience in talent, production and licensing agreements; rights and clearances; and film and/or television content marketing, would also be preferred
- Experience in reviewing and summarizing a large number of contracts with minimal supervision
- The ability to generate initial drafts based on agreement templates and to prepare initial drafts of amendments to existing agreements
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Fluency in English required; fluency in at least one other regional language strongly preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate with, and influence colleagues and external partners in an agile, fast-moving environment
- Curiosity about how we operate our business and the markets we serve in order to develop innovative solutions
- Flexibility to work across different time zones in Asia and the USA
- Willingness to tackle new subjects outside area of expertise.