Senior Quantitative Analyst, Originals Launch Strategy
- Los Gatos, California
- Science and Analytics
Netflix is launching hundreds of Original titles for our 100+ million members to enjoy. We are seeking a seeking a quantitative analyst to mine our large-scale data sets and provide insights to help inform our strategy for launching Original content and helping storytellers connect with audiences around the world.
- Develop metrics, models, and analytical frameworks to uncover insights around title performance, user behavior, audience opportunity, Originals merchandising and presentation on the product, and algorithm performance.
- Work closely with product managers to make data-driven recommendations for product improvements.
- Drive analytical projects that span across multiple teams and functions.
- Assist in designing and analyzing experiments to help answer challenging questions pertaining to the creation and promotion of Original content.
- Build dashboards and tools to be used across the company.
- Clearly and concisely present your insights to teams across varying levels, areas of expertise, and degrees of technical knowledge.
- Act as an ambassador between the Product & Content teams by having a deep knowledge of how the Netflix product works and how a particular series, film, stand-up, documentary, etc. fits into the larger ecosystem.
Ideal Candidate will:
- Have an advanced degree in a quantitative or computational field (e.g., statistics, economics, math, computer science, etc.) and 5+ years of experience in quantitative analytics, data science, or another similar role.
- Be an expert at querying and manipulating petabytes of data for analysis and visualization using SQL, Hive, Spark, Presto, R, Python, etc.
- Be able to tell a story with data, as well as visualize it with a variety of tools (Tableau, D3, etc).
- Understand experimentation, hypothesis testing, and causal inference.
- Be able to frame loose business problems, turning them into actionable insights.
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal - you can break down complex scientific findings into compelling stories for creative and content partners. This role requires a moderately heavy amount of in person presentations.
- Enjoy interacting and collaborating with people in very different roles - from content creative to finance to backend engineers - and have high EQ which allows you to understand and appreciate various perspectives.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, deadline-driven environment.
- Have experience in a high tech setting, and can quickly get up to speed on the distinctive nature of our system architecture, algorithms, and overall approach to intelligent automation and personalization.