Specialist, Global Risk and Intelligence
- Los Angeles, California
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original production. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 100 million members in over 190 countries. With our increasing slate of originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Specialist, Global Risk and Intelligence will support our studio security function and Netflix Original Productions across all verticals. This role will be instrumental in assessing risk to the company’s multi-faceted and evolving content acquisition strategy. Responsibilities will include reviewing and conducting risk assessments of creative/production activity, development of intelligence products, support to special projects, and incident analysis.
- Collects and prioritizes intelligence requirements for global production activity and provides analytic guidance, country-level trigger events, and incident impact analysis
- Evaluates production and creative concepts, scripts, and pitches for safety and security concerns
- Provides security/threat assessment support to higher-risk activities such as: premieres, production/scouting activity, and Netflix sponsored events.
- Develop or obtain risk assessments and intelligence for locations, talent, and crew
- Provide Netflix the timely intelligence and information needed to keep Netflix employees and productions safe, secure and resilient
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in production, studio security, military, journalism, or intelligence and a focus on collection and analysis to support operations
- Masters, or equivalent degree, in International Relations/Political Science, Journalism, Culture/Human Development, Public Policy, or related major
- Experience living or working overseas, regional security expertise, and language skills desired
- Experience developing an effective global network of security subject matter experts
- Familiarity with open-source and social media monitoring techniques
- Knowledge and interest in staying current in world events and global political landscape
- Refine the studio risk perspective and provide analysis of global security incidents
- Maintain awareness of security trends affecting global film/TV production security
- Communicate relevant analysis and forecasting to key studio stakeholders
- Function as an integral member of a team comprised of Studio Safety and Security, Production, InfoSec, and Legal
- Interact with law enforcement/government agencies, embassies, productions, and provide simple, effective briefings with studio leadership as needed
- Travel domestically and internationally as required (approximately 25%)