Senior Software Engineer, Open Connect Edge Accelerator
- Los Gatos, California
- Content Delivery
Open Connect is a critical group within Netflix that builds and manages a content delivery network (CDN) handling more than one third of North American internet traffic at peak times! We are available in 190+ countries and partner with ISPs all over the world to provide our 100 million member base with the ultimate streaming quality. During our peak day so far in 2017, we’ve had over 250 million viewing hours alone! Come work alongside some of the best and most experienced engineers of the CDN industry.
OpenConnect Appliances (OCAs) are ideally situated to improve the latency between clients and the Netflix services running on AWS. The Open Connect Edge Accelerator is taking advantage the highly geo-distributed nature of Open Connect to improve the quality of experience. It is the entry point for device and website traffic, putting it on the critical path to delivering our product experiences. We are looking for a senior software engineer to help us build and scale this young project. You will be working on steering solutions, low-latency reverse proxy, failover mechanisms, TLS and TCP optimizations and DDoS protection to name a few.
- Someone who likes to work hands-on and be self-directed in a fast-paced environment that gives you freedom and responsibility.
- Able to see beyond immediate specs, summarize requirements, and architect forward-looking solutions.
- Capable of working in a cross-functional collaborative environment alongside your teammates.
- An advocate for the customer who is passionate about addressing customer pain points.
- Deep understanding of the Internet protocols like TCP, TLS, HTTP and DNS.
- Experience building and maintaining a production highly distributed, scalable, low-latency, fault-tolerant systems.
- Great communication and documentation skills targeted at cross-team collaboration.
- Motivated by “the art of possible” and able to balance idealism and pragmatism.
- Cool-headed during production issues, able to focus on problem resolution.
- Go, C, Perl or Python
- Data crunching using Hive, Pig, Kibana, Tableau, or similar
- FreeBSD or any POSIX environment
- Application, system and network profiling techniques