Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Content Programming
- Los Angeles, California
- Science and Analytics
Who are we?
Netflix is in a totally new phase of its evolution. We are combining the worlds of tech and entertainment to create hundreds of new Netflix titles that satisfy audiences all over the globe. We are reinventing content categories and breaking down barriers with bold, creative decisions. A critical piece of how we spend billions of dollars on content is understanding our catalog of content and how subscribers interact with that content- in other words, how do we best program our service to satisfy the diverse tastes of audiences all around the globe? As a scientist on the Content Development & Programming team, you will apply world-class data science techniques to transform Big Data into actionable models that inform which types of content we need to create in order to satisfy 100 million current members (and a billion more who aren’t yet members).
- Apply unsupervised and supervised machine learning to characterize our catalog and improve our ability to identify and acquire content that satisfies an increasingly diverse global audience
- Develop data-driven approaches to understand the relationship between subscribers and content
- Expose data and model predictions in a way that augments human expertise and informs decision-making
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience applying machine learning to drive significant business impact, particularly in understanding user/audience behavior.
- Expertise in unsupervised and supervised machine learning techniques. Relevant experience with one or more of the following is required: clustering, LDA, matrix factorization
- Experience in applying your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to partner with technical & non-technical teams.
- Strong algorithmic thinking and independent research ability.
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Desire and willingness to continue growing your capabilities as a data scientist
- Huge plus if you’re a movie/TV addict!