Legal Director, Technology Transactions - India
- Mumbai, India
Netflix Legal is looking for a Director, located in Mumbai, India, to collaborate with the Netflix India business development team in establishing strategic partnerships across a wide range of partners in the telecom, consumer electronic and ISP space.
Netflix is just getting started in India and, as part of the initial Netflix India team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of digital entertainment in an environment where collaboration between legal and business thrives. Learn more about life at Netflix here. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in new and developing areas of the law.
The successful candidate will have 10-15 years of international transactional experience, preferably with a focus in the telecom and/or media industry and knowledge of the applicable regulatory and tax landscape in India for those sectors. In-house experience preferred. Expertise drafting and negotiating complex partnership arrangements, including outbound and inbound licensing agreements, distribution agreements, and marketing agreements required. Experience with consumer protection and e-commerce laws a plus. Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of other languages is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Superior analytical skills coupled with strong business acumen and judgment;
- Ability to work proactively and make independent decisions under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally as part of a global team;
- Solution oriented mindset with a focus on practical risk assessment;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise;
- Excellent organizational skills.