Director, International Originals (Northern Europe)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Netflix is recruiting for a Director in our International Originals Group based in Amsterdam.The Director will be a key member of the team, developing local television shows from companies and independent producers for digital streaming in all Netflix territories globally. S/he will report to the Director of International Originals for EMEA and will be charged with building a slate of original series for Germany, Scandinavia, and Central and Eastern Europe.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with a range of responsibilities from setting strategy to negotiating business terms and should have some exposure to the creative process. Familiarity with the European media landscape as well as international producers, directors and writers is a must.
The Director, International Originals should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple projects, and working to find creative solutions with partners under tight time-frames. S/he is also a motivated, self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for finding great content from countries around the world.
- Oversee local programming for Northern European Markets with a specific expertise around German, and Scandinavian Series programming to source new original production opportunities in Northern Europe (territories to include, but not limited to: Germany, Scandinavia, Central and Eastern Europe)
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis, negotiation of major business terms, and ongoing support of series)
- Represent International Originals team interests across the company (PR, marketing, Legal, finance) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis
- Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment -- locally, in specific markets, and globally, across all territories
- Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external partners
- Strong relationship management and TV/film negotiation skills
- Great analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience in setting and executing on strategy
- Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
- Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and across many projects
- Demonstrated love and understanding of TV and film in multiple international markets
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS required
- At least 10 years of work experience is required with experience in with experience commissioning and/or producing multiple shows.
- Knowledge of German language highly preferred