Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Development Infrastructure
- Los Gatos, California
- Streaming Client
Netflix is reinventing how people watch television. Netflix is one of the most respected software companies and a global leader in streaming business. We have a massive amount of data and an active subscriber base of over 100 million worldwide. In just a few years, Netflix has become a world-class content production company. Additionally, we operate under a unique work culture that sets us apart – learn more at https://jobs.netflix.com/life-at-netflix.
We are a team of seasoned Software Engineers responsible for delivering the next generation, robust infrastructure to support the development of Netflix’s mobile applications. We also define and drive the vision for continuous deployment across iOS, Android, and Windows platform. As Netflix service continues to span over 190 countries and our daily viewing hours of TV shows and movies climb over 125M, we need a strong team in place to embrace the challenges that lie ahead.
- You will build reliable infrastructure supporting the mobile application development & test automation effort across domestic and international varieties of phones and tablets.
- You will implement continuous deployment strategy across iOS, Android, and Windows platforms.
- You will research and apply relevant (and new) tools & technology to solve problems.
- You will identify issues, troubleshoot them and diagnose their root causes.
- Your understanding of development lifecycles will drive test automation.
- You will collaborate with internal partners to resolve their infrastructure dependencies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Development experience with iOS, Android, and/or Node.js framework.
- Experience with automation and development tools, e.g., Jenkins.
- Well-versed in the Linux environment, tools, and scripting languages.
- Understanding of Software Architecture with focus on Reliability and Availability.
- General knowledge of computer networking and cellular technology.
- A passion for learning and working effectively in a nimble, fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
2) Framework development experience with iOS, Android, and/or Node.js
3) Understanding of Software Architecture with focus on Reliability and Availability