Quantitative Senior Researcher, Consumer Insights
- Los Angeles, California
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Like our customers, we love movies and TV shows and we want the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want.
We are looking for an expert in quantitative research, with a ton of experience in tracking products/brands and a thirst for innovative and creative thinking. We love big data, we use longitudinal studies for a myriad of business cases and we want to get smarter at applying quant methods to creative development of campaigns. We’re looking for someone who sees stories and opportunities in data that will help move our business forward across the globe.
We seek an individual who sees themselves in the following descriptions:
- Can flourish in our unique company culture
- Can execute all technical aspects of global quantitative research initiatives, including questionnaire development, programming, agency partner management, analytical planning, quality controls, and data cleaning / analysis using SPSS
- Can go beyond the technical to think strategically/holistically, and proactively identify ways new research/data products can fill gaps to serve stakeholders’ needs
- Ideally, has had experience in managing all aspects of a global tracker, but is excited by the opportunity to innovate, analyze and manipulate data in new creative ways over time
- Experience working with advanced analytics i.e. knowing when advanced modeling could push your data further to tell a more interesting story
- Is comfortable owning research agency partner relationships, overseeing day to day account management, quality controls and the integrity of deliverables
- Knows how to design a research project to meet the needs of the marketing question and can determine which methodology best serves the purpose
- Knows how to prioritise a long list of requests and is totally comfortable working collaboratively for a common goal
- Understands the difference between a reader-friendly report vs. a data dump and loves how data can tell a story
- Takes pride in ensuring the highest level of data quality and validation
- Has had experience of socialising research findings across different departments - PR, social, creative, other analytical groups - and can pivot to the specific needs of each
- Understands the consumer’s voice and how to turn data into actionable findings - in fact, has a proven track record of turning findings into thoughtful, holistic stories that get to the heart of the opportunity
- Is desperate to show how great insights lead to great strategy which results in real impact to the business and is keen to use these insights to guide internal partners
- Is a self-starter, but loves working in a team and wants to avoid a silo environment
- At least 6+yrs of hands-on experience in a research agency or department
- Experience with a wide range of quantitative methodologies e.g. tracking, segmentations, conjoint, MaxDiff, A&U, etc.
- Experience with brand health and brand tracking, entertainment tracking, social media analysis, ad effectiveness studies and digital analytics helpful
- Quantitative experience involving data from outside the U.S.
- Must be highly-proficient in Excel and SPSS, with a ton of hands-on data processing and analysis experience including data cleaning, transforming and weighting. R, Python, and Tableau experience is a plus
- University Degree, Post Graduate qualifications preferred
- Experience presenting / socialising insights at all levels of an organisation (and esp. to non-researchers)