Senior Software Engineer - Web Apps
- Los Gatos, California
- Streaming Client
Netflix is the leading video streaming service globally, and the Netflix web client application is one of the most widely used apps in the Windows Store. Our mission is to provide a great experience to all users in a variety of devices, from desktop/laptop, to tablets and phones. We are constantly focused on enhancing our consumer experience around the world by building out new product features and improving performance.
If you are a software engineer interested in participating in developing web based applications from UI, platform to our backend endpoints in the cloud, you may be a good fit for our engineering team. Additionally, you would own all aspects of the development cycle, from participating in the design, and test driven development.
- Design and implement key components of the Netflix web client applications.
- Collaborate closely with product management and design teams to create innovative user interfaces and features, optimized for the Windows platforms.
- Improve the Netflix quality of experience on a large number of Windows devices and device families.
- Incorporate into our product some of the latest Microsoft technologies, like Cortana VUI, Action Center Notifications, Live Tiles, AI bots, etc.
- Debug client/server applications and troubleshoot integration issues.
- Focus on Test Driven Development with automation.
- Experience with functional reactive programming, such as Rx.
- Experience with modern web UI frameworks (i.e. React, or Angular).
- Able to work independently and drive results.
- A passion for learning and working effectively in a nimble environment.
Bonus if you have experience with:
More about Netflix
This is a great time to be at Netflix! The organization is flat, process is minimal, and there’s an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out. Every day, we make decisions with far-reaching technical and product impact as we build this new business and delight our members with a whole new way of enjoying movies and TV.
We recently updated our culture doc that describes how we work; it’s worth a read to find out how we manage via context rather than control.