Production Finance Manager
- Los Angeles, California
- Financial Planning and Analysis
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 100 million streaming members globally. It’s a great time to join Netflix.
The Manager of Production Finance (unscripted, docs or comedy) will be instrumental in creating and implementing the production finance goals of the Originals team in the Hollywood office. The goals include i) reviewing and analyzing production budgets and estimated final costs ii) protecting company assets through cash management, policies and procedures and iii) providing shows with the production finance support to facilitate producing great content.
- Partner with other Netflix Executives and oversee our 3rd party production services companies
- Work closely and collaboratively with numerous other Netflix teams including production, creative, business affairs, post production, and corporate accounting.
- Collaboration with and oversight of Production Services Companies, Producers and Accountants.
- Budget review and commentary.
- Work with show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
- Manage the cash flow and funding processes.
- Update production information in Netflix systems.
- Cost report and budget comparisons and analysis.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Adjust policies and procedures based on workflow changes and feedback.
- Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends and evolving technologies. Help develop and test the next generation of production finance tools.
- 15+ years production finance and/or production accounting experience.
- Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results.
- Broad understanding of production incentives.
- Solid understanding of payroll process, union labor agreements and tax requirements.
- Movie Magic Budgeting and entertainment industry production accounting software experience required.
- Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- College degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.