Awards - EMEA
- London, United Kingdom
Fuelled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members in over 190 countries. With continued international expansion, and increased acquisition and production underway, it’s a great time to join Netflix.
We are looking for a grown up, someone who enjoys strategising and overseeing the execution of awards campaigns. This is a very hands-on role, one where we want you to throw the playbook out the window and push to innovate with us.
We are looking to fill a role to head up our Awards strategy across the EMEA region. This is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading promotional campaigns for series, films and documentaries that feature high production value from the brightest filmmakers and actors in the industry, using the latest technology. The Awards EMEA leader will report to the Director of Originals Publicity - EMEA.
- Understanding local business strategy & helping to strategise award submissions in each country
- Planning and time-lining screening events
- Coordinating with award institutions across the Pan EMEA region, ranging from BAFTA, the BIFAs and the RTS Awards to The Goyas, The Bambis & The David Di Donatello Awards
- Driving EMEA festival strategy in association with the award submissions / sections at each festival (including Cannes, Venice, Berlinale and San Sebastian)
- Submission of paperwork for different awards; purchasing seats and tables for events, and helping manage guest lists for events
- He/she will be able to communicate with filmmakers, talent representatives, agencies, executives and production partners on efforts
- Managing budgets and working cross functionally to provide visibility into progress
The ideal candidate is able to think strategically, use good judgement and make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity. They can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do. They are a good listener and a real doer. They are organised, thorough and not afraid to get their hands dirty - and that will mean jumping in to handle a wide-ranging slew of tasks. They are curious, eager to learn and also to contribute effectively outside of their speciality. A good fit in the role has a candid and direct communication style; they are willing to admit to mistakes quickly and questions values inconsistent with our values.
The successful candidate for Awards EMEA will have 8+ years experience organising, planning, executing awards campaigns with an agency, studio or network. In addition to a curiosity & willingness to learn about new markets, they will also have experience working on pan-European television or film award campaigns, including tastemaker events, screening series, big membership events or all-guild opportunities. They will either have experience working in the awards space and/or on submission paperwork. BA/BS required.