Awards & Slate Publicity Manager, Visual Communications
- Los Angeles, California
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members in over 190 countries. With continued international expansion, and increased acquisition and production underway, it’s a great time to join Netflix. We are looking to fill a role on our publicity team for a manager of visual communications that specializes in awards campaigning. We are looking for a grown up, someone who enjoys aiding in and executing awards campaigns for our series and films. This is a very hands on role, one where we want you to throw the playbook out the window, and push to innovate with us.
This role will play a key role in aiding and managing the awards campaigns and large scale junkets/publicity events for Netflix Original series. As part of the publicity team, the successful candidate will use expertise in photo & video creative materials -- such as photography, on camera interviews, clips, event coverage, etc -- to drive meaningful impact in awards submissions and overall campaign activity.
A successful candidate is someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. They must have a strong project management background and be able to strategically plan and execute across multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate must be extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously across multiple teams. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same.
This job is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Visual Communications Manager, Originals Publicity.
Here at Netflix, we don't have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and execute an awards strategy on select series titles utilizing the capturing & producing of creative material to enhance and support the publicity campaign
- Working alongside event and publicist counterparts, project manage the development and execution of publicity events including junkets, Q&As, panels and streamed presentations
- Establish best practices and oversee submission & package materials (photos, clips, reels, etc) for all awards & publicity events
- Identify opportunity for & produce special awards & events content: sizzles, film/series featurettes, interview shoots, BTS material
- Book photographers/video crews and manage selects/packages for publicity events
- Work with the wider visual communications team during the in-production phase of projects to strategically advise on content capturing for award campaigning needs
- Work with brand and the awards vertical on all tribute, honor and awards program ads
- Work with the team to curate an “FYC library” of art emphasizing aspects of specific awards campaigns
- Manage budgets
Skills and Requirements:
- 6+ years of entertainment experience
- Experience organizing, planning & executing awards campaigns and/or large scale events
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of awards campaigns and the ability to be a strategic thought partner
- Strong team player
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Strong eye for producing visual assets
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Understand and interest in Federal copyright laws, usage licenses and embargoes
- Understand the photography/video industry
- Strong knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Pro is preferred
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A Smart Minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice pace and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.