Marketing Finance Operations - EMEA
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It's an exciting year for Netflix with our recent global expansion and the continued roll-out of our original series; it's a great time to join our team. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We are looking for a finance professional to support our EMEA Marketing and PR teams with finance operations. This position will reside in the company’s Amsterdam based office and will interact heavily with the Marketing, PR, Accounting and FP&A teams across multiple regions.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented, an effective communicator, process improvement focused, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate also takes strong initiative and is able to work independently and remotely while exhibiting values consistent with our freedom and responsibility culture.
In this role, you will:
- Handle all finance matters on behalf of the EMEA Marketing and PR teams and you will need to obtain an understanding of services being procured from our vendors and the status/timeline of delivery of services.
- Obtain, review and summarise vendor agreements.
- Set-up purchase orders (PO’s) in our accounting system to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
- Work with the marketing planning and analysis (MP&A) team to track actual spending to budget.
- Understand, communicate and explain variances.
- Manage vendors by working with Accounts Payable to ensure vendors are set-up and paid in a timely basis and resolve any billing issues.
- Own the month-end close process to ensure that any unbilled service accruals are accurately captured.
- Assisting the VAT team with VAT related questions.
- Drive operational process improvements.
We want someone who is:
- Self-motivated and dedicated; able to work and problem-solve independently.
- A great communicator that can cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
- Proactive and contributive; takes initiative and follows-through reliably.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
- Intellectually curious.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and a speedy learner.
- A team-player; always open to offer innovative and constructive ideas to continue our team's success and efficiency.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Education and experience:
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Degree in Accounting/Minor in Marketing (desirable).
- Fluent in English; helpful additional languages (French, Spanish etc).
- Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets.
- Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements.
- Passion for Marketing/PR.
- Experience in the entertainment industry is a plus.
- Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus.
- Travel may be required.