Senior Product Engineer - Messaging
- Los Gatos, California
- Cloud and Platform Engineering
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with more than 100 million members worldwide enjoying billions of hours of TV shows and movies per month.
The Netflix Messaging Engineering team builds the platform, applications and messages to communicate with Netflix members across their entire lifecycle, starting with acquisition, and then moving into account, on boarding and personalized content recommendation messaging. We are constantly A/B testing new ideas and messaging experiences to drive our core metrics of acquisition of new members and retention of current members.
We send messages across both outbound and in-app messaging channels, including email, push notifications, sms, in-app notifications etc. that reach members across a variety of devices.
If you have a passion for product engineering, i.e., building innovative consumer facing products and experiences, enjoy connecting the dots and using data to drive engineering decisions, this role on the Netflix Messaging team could be perfect for you.
This role on the Netflix Messaging Engineering team requires truly understanding the Netflix ecosystem/customer experience end-to-end, and building great Messaging experiences within that experience and ecosystem. You will be creating components and applications within the Messaging system and also building integrations with services and APIs in other teams. You will partner closely with the Product team to design and implement A/B tests, understand the data, iterate and deploy winning experiences in production. If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, and constantly raising the bar, you will thrive in this role.
- Experience working on products and apps that touch the customer lifecycle.
- Ability to solve problems that span multiple interconnected systems.
- Experience implementing in Java or other object oriented languages for a distributed environment.
- Experience with Java Libraries and frameworks (Jackson, Guice etc.).
- Data Driven.
- Extremely collaborative.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, AM, or similar.
Nice To Have Skills & Experience:
- Experience with A/B Testing.
- Experience with mobile server and client development for iOS and Android platforms.
- Cloud Computing.
- Experience in SQL/Hive/Presto/Spark SQL