Senior Data Scientist - Growth Experimentation and Modeling
- Los Gatos, California
- Science and Analytics
Netflix is seeking a talented and creative data scientist to help optimize the Netflix product experience, focusing on our signup flow to drive greater growth and our customer messaging platform to improve user engagement and retention. This is a high-impact position where your statistical modeling, analysis and interpretation of results informs decisions affecting millions of users, with a direct tie to Netflix revenue. The role covers a broad range of subject areas, including the acquisition flow and promotion of content like Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, and Daredevil via our customer messaging platform. As we have recently expanded into 130 new markets and acquire more Original content, this position is integral to Netflix success.
- Partner closely with Product Management leadership to design and analyze experiments that drive key product decisions.
- Proactively perform data exploration on user behavior to discover future testing opportunities.
- Build statistical models of user behavior in order to help optimize customer acquisition and retention.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely.
- Research the best metrics to measure user engagement.
- Lead the research and development of new experimentation methods and predictive modeling techniques that could sharpen or speed up decision making and move key metrics
- PhD or MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics or related field- 3+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in A/B testing or other experimentation setting
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive is a plus
- Strong data visualizations skills to convey information and results clearly
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool such as R or Python
- Deep product sense
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills- Impactful presentation skills in front of a large and diverse audience
- A fan of Netflix is a strong plus
A few more things to know:
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix Culture.
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work. We also support a balanced lifestyle.