Are you the “New Black?” Are you feeling hungry today? Are you looking for Anustart?
Netflix is looking for a Manager, Social Media to lead high profile social marketing and communications campaigns for upcoming Netflix original series, docs, and comedies. This employee will be based in our Beverly Hills office.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Deeply knowledgeable about social media marketing and entertainment. The manager will have experience running best-in-class social media campaigns, understand the rapidly changing social media landscape, and will have a vision for success in a very competitive market. As a member of our lean and agile team, the successful employee will be as comfortable firing off a humorous tweet as they are planning strategy for and producing multiple campaigns for upcoming Netflix originals.
- Creative. Our social channels are one of the best tools we have to nurture long term relationships with fans and make Netflix a viewing destination that people love so much they’d throw their pie for us. We need someone who can develop groundbreaking ideas, output stunning creative, and write spot on copy in support of new and existing original content. The winning manager will also work seamlessly alongside his or her counterparts in PR and Marketing, contributing social thinking to 360 degree, digital-first campaigns.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in project management. The candidate will have experience working with multiple agency creative and product teams, while meeting deadlines and pushing the envelope.
- An adult. Every tweet is an official statement from the brand. Our winning candidate will have a deep understanding of the business context and will make intelligent decisions that benefit the long term value of our shows and brand. The candidate will also represent the social team in conversations with other departments, working closely with Netflix Marketing, PR, Product, Content Licensing, Customer Service, and Insights groups. The manager will exhibit quick thinking, great calm, excellent taste, and a good sense of humor.
- Fun. At the end of the day, we’re selling entertainment! The successful manager will be someone who loves TV and film more than sharks love blood, and can speak naturally about the entertainment business, buzzworthy new TV shows, and the latest Oscar bait, while understanding how to connect these with the national conversation in noteworthy and innovative ways.
The candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ experience working in a corporate, agency, or studio setting focused on social media and digital marketing communications.