Software Engineer - IT Enterprise Applications
The newly formed IT Ops Enterprise Applications team is responsible for partnering with all of the Netflix business units to scope out and develop custom internal applications that will streamline processes and maximize efficiency.
As a Software Engineer on the IT Ops Enterprise Apps team, you will drive and own the outcome of the day-to-day work for shared applications that are used by various business units within Netflix. In addition to building and integrating these applications, you will ensure service scalability and reliability. This entails application support, incident management, and troubleshooting processes to resolve defects and root cause analysis for the Enterprise IT applications in production environments hosted in AWS.
- Design and build high quality software for integration projects, considering numerous factors such as the technical landscape, customer’s business drivers and operations, and the schedule requirements of the multiple parties involved.
- Drive the design, development and implementation of operational standards and capabilities for connected services that enable highly available, scalable & reliable customer experiences
- Analyze and synthesize a variety of inputs to drive the end-to-end incident management process for multiple offerings
- Create, develop, and manage the deployment architecture for all applications including configuration management and risk management processes
- Implement monitoring agents, metric dashboards, runbooks, logging, escalations and alerts for all applications
- Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes business units and Netflix-wide
Requirements for the role:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience of designing and developing integration solutions (APIs, middleware, and Web Services)
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- Experience with software platforms such as Ruby on Rails and Node.js
- Deep understanding of Cloud architecture and application deployment
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions