Senior Software Engineer - Open Connect Content Delivery
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is responsible for over 30% of peak downstream Internet traffic in North America and sizable amounts of traffic in every other market we serve. To help us deliver this traffic to our viewers, we have built Open Connect, a single-purpose Content Delivery Network for Netflix streaming video, capable of serving extremely high volumes of data.
Netflix seeks a seasoned Senior Software Engineer with a special focus in peer-to-peer networks. Ideal candidates will be well versed in *nix systems, TCP/IP networking – and be predisposed to preventative and automation-oriented engineering.
- Research and architecture of large scale peer to peer network technology as applicable to Netflix streaming.
- Liaise with internal client and toolkit teams to integrate P2P as an additional delivery mechanism.
- Design and develop tools for the operation of peer to peer enabled clients in a production environment.
Skills & Experience
The following qualifications are required:
- At least five years of relevant experience with development and testing of large scale peer to peer systems.
- Knowledge of standard Internet protocols (in practice and by RFC), especially TCP/IP, HTTP/S and DNS.
- Expert knowledge of *nix systems.
- Experience with source/revision-control systems (e.g., CVS, Subversion, Perforce, Git)
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility and bandwidth to deal with a novel, dynamic and extremely fast-paced environment.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- BS in Computer Science, Network Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent professional experience).
- Knowledge of and proven experience with P2P, CDN/HTTP cache/proxy technology.