Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Cloud and Platform Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
At the heart of Netflix technology is the Cloud Computing platform, which serves as the distributed systems foundation for Netflix application development, and powers the movie viewing experience of millions of customers every day. This Cloud Platform needs to be secure, robust and resilient.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer to create and manage cryptographic, key management, and security-related services for our cloud-enabled applications. As Netflix rapidly grows its customer base and continues to increase its array of products and services, particularly with streaming applications, this position is critical to ensure that a solid foundation exists to meet our system’s security needs.
As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to drive the requirements of security components throughout their lifecycle: architecture/design, implementation, testing, and post-release support. You will need to exhibit strong leadership and communication skills, set and successfully execute on the engineering and release priorities in a dynamic application development environment.
To be successful in this role, you must be a quick learner, have stellar software development and communication abilities, and work well in large cross-functional teams. This is a great opportunity to enhance your Cloud Computing skills, and simultaneously gain intimate knowledge of Netflix products and services.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- At least five years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- Understanding of cryptography, authentication, authorization, security protocols, and security vulnerabilities.
- Strong and proven Java and object-oriented development skills
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- Solid understanding of the software development process and the task involved
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- BS/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Understanding of Cloud-based authentication and key management
- Strong experience with TCP/IP networking and security concerns, including DDoS
- Experience as a Technical Lead on a complex distributed systems project
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Hadoop, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Knowledge of relational databases/SQL, NoSQL structured data solutions, Data Warehousing and ETL tools, network and file system protocols
- Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting language experience
Netflix offers a unique culture that values freedom and responsibility. You can learn more at www.netflix.com/Jobs