Senior IT Tools Engineer
Netflix Enterprise Services delivers and manages custom applications, tools, and platforms for constantly evolving needs of our Corporate, Development, and IT Ops teams. Solutions are deployed and supported across various infrastructures including public cloud (AWS), datacenter, and SaaS. Netflix is pursuing a Senior IT Tools Engineer who has hands-on experience with many technologies including log/event management, scripting, networking, cloud and system administration. A successful candidate will have a passion for customer service, a desire to work within multiple teams to find end-to-end solutions, a keen ability to anticipate the needs of our users and great collaborative skills. This is an integral role in the IT Enterprise Services team and has lots of freedom to provide solutions and tooling across the organization. The opportunity to grow skills and embrace new technologies is essential.
Snapshot of some of the tools supported by Enterprise Services
- Monitoring & Automation: Zabbix, Sumologic, Splunk, UC4
- Content Management: Drupal platform (support.netflix.com,) Confluence, Google Sites, Sharepoint
- Infrastructure Tools: Google GSA & GSS, High capacity MTAs, ESB
- Development Tools: Jira, Fisheye, Crucible, Perforce, Stash, Github
- Saas: ServiceNow, Atlassian on Demand
- Implement, manage and/or enhance:
- log or event management tools
- network service monitoring tools
- Assist in support of existing applications / services
- Partner with internal customers to understand problems, develop solutions, and anticipate needs.
- Constant cycle of evaluating current tools sets and emerging technologies.
- Seek out methods of improving services to the community through internal or external tools
- Ensure accurate monitoring, metrics, and alerting of Enterprise Services Tools.
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of SumoLogic and/or Splunk
- Scripting knowledge (BASH / Perl / Python)
- Capable of supporting multiple OS architectures (Windows, Linux, BSD, etc)
- Basic network troubleshooting and topology knowledge
- Great communications skills and partnering.
- Passion for customer and user experience.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and doing things differently.