Senior Platform Engineer/Architect - Cloud Platform Team
Cloud and Platform Engineering
Netflix is well-known in the industry as a leading exponent of Cloud Computing and one of the earliest large companies to migrate production systems to the cloud. We also actively contribute to the Open Source community wherein our architecture and design patterns have served as guidelines for AWS-based deployments.
The Netflix Cloud Platform is at the heart of this, and builds the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) layer that all Netflix services and applications rely on. We are strong supporters of sharing useful libraries and ideas with the broader community and have open sourced many of the building blocks that comprise the Cloud Platform. Notable ones primarily owned by the team include Archaius, Eureka, Ribbon, Curator, Exhibitor and Governator with more to come. This is a golden opportunity to participate in the endeavor. For more of our work, check out our GitHub
As Netflix expands internationally, the Cloud Platform team is pivotal to this growth plan. We are looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer who will contribute and influence the direction of our Cloud Infrastructure for global expansion.
Examples of projects you will have the opportunity to own or collaborate on include:
- Designing and implementing architectural and infrastructural components for cloud based distributed systems and application, such as Eureka
- Implementing real-time complex event processing systems, handling billions of events per day.
- Networking optimizations, building application architecture frameworks (dependency injections, lifecycle management), and remote procedure call frameworks (high volume, non-blocking, asynchronous, multi-protocol, fault tolerant with support for many serialization formats).
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years of server-side software development experience
- Experience with Java and object-oriented programming
- Experience working on a global product/infrastructure
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of JVM languages (e.g. Scala, Groovy)
- Experience owning and maintaining critical Web Services
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
For more relevant articles on our technology and innovation, check out techblog.netflix.com.